Support TCGHS when shopping at Kroger!
Kroger will make a donation to the Society every time you shop using your Kroger Plus Card! All you have to do is enroll Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society as the organization you wish to support with your purchases.
Then just shop at Kroger and swipe your Plus card or enter your alternate-ID as usual when you check-out. It's that easy! Supporting TCGHS has no effect on your other Plus Card benefits such as discounts, fuel reward points, coupons, etc.
If you don’t already have a Kroger Plus card, you can ask for one at the service desk of any Kroger store. Or, you can set up your phone number as a “Digital Plus Card” when you create a digital account at the Kroger website following the directions below. Then you can just enter your phone number as an alternate-ID at the checkout keypad.
A digital (online) account is needed to participate in the Kroger Community Rewards program. If you already have an online Kroger account, please skip to the section titled “How do I select…”
How do I register for a Digital Account?
Creating a digital (online) account is as simple as 1, 2, 3! Simply visit Kroger.com or download the Kroger Mobile App from the App Store or Google Play, and follow these directions:
- Select the “Create an Account” button.
- Enter your information.
- Select “Create Account.”
Please make sure that you add your Plus Card number or create an Alt ID number while setting up your digital account. This is a requirement to participate in the Community Rewards program.
How do I select Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society for support?
Selecting TCGHS as the organization that you wish to support is as simple as updating the Community Rewards section of your digital account.
- Sign in to your digital (online) account.
- Go to your account page by placing your cursor on your name (in the upper right corner) and select “My Account” from the drop-down.
- Click on “Community Rewards” in the left column.
- When prompted to Find (or Change) Your Organization, enter the organization number for TCGHS – LI197 (Make sure the “view by type” drop-down box at the right is set to “All”) then push the Search button.
- Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society should be returned in the Search Results.
- Click Enroll button
- That’s it! You should now be successfully enrolled in Community Rewards
Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society will now show in the Community Rewards section of your account.
Any future transactions using the Plus Card or Alt-ID number associated with your account will be applied to TCGHS. It takes about 10 days for your Community Rewards total to begin displaying on your receipts. You can also see the total you’ve earned in the last calendar quarter by visiting the “Community Rewards” section of your digital account.
Thanks to all the families that participate in the program! We've been averaging about $100 donations every 3 months thanks to your continued support!