Last updated July 20, 2021.
Tazewell County Genealogical & Historical Society (TCGHS) welcomes articles pertaining to Tazewell County genealogy & history such as biographies, photos, documents, resource materials, transcriptions, research guides, family histories, and other material for The Monthly newsletter and our website. Refer to previous newsletter articles & website postings for examples. If in doubt, please contact us!
In general, we do not recommend submitting original documents unless you really wish to donate such item. Please refer to How to Donate Items to the Collection page on our website.
In general, we accept submissions for our:
- Library (Family Histories, Vertical Files, Photos, etc.)
- Newsletter (The Monthly)
- Website (tcghs.org)
It is not uncommon for an article, photo, or document to appear both on the website and in The Monthly as well as being added to our permanent collection.
Required Legal Double Talk
TCGHS expects all authors to submit original work that does not violate copyright laws. The Society does not assume responsibility for errors of fact or judgment made by any contributors. Any errors or copyright violations that do come to the attention of the Society will be corrected at the earliest opportunity.
TCGHS reserves the right to edit all contributions. If your submission is accepted, we will work closely with you to edit and proof your submission prior to publication. All changes will be sent to you for final approval before being published. You may withdraw consent at any time prior to publication.
TCGHS reserves the right to reject any submission.
Although there is no word limit, articles are generally no longer than a few pages. We recommend you contact us prior to submission of long articles. Longer articles may be serialized.
Of course, we do not mean to scare you away with all the legalese – If you have any questions or doubts, please contact us! We hope to see your article on our website or in The Monthly newsletter soon!
- If possible, use our Article Submission form to email your submission.
- Your first name, last name, city, state and email address may be listed at the end of your article (unless you ask to be anonymous). Our website encrypts your email address to prevent harvesting by spambots.
- Please include a title & short description for your article.
- Text content should be attached preferably in Microsoft Word but we can handle most other formats as well.
- Attach images to the same email as your text content
- Images for publication or the website may be .JPG format. If an image is to be archived in our permanent collection, we prefer .TIFF loseless format. If .JPG is used, create at the highest quality possible.
- Photographs or documents should be scanned at 200dpi or larger. If the longest side of the image is less than 3 inches, please scan at a minimum of 300 dpi.
- Provide a short description (caption) for each image documenting who, what, when, where, etc.
We look forward to receiving your submission!!